Thursday, November 10, 2016

Am I the Only One Without the Attention Span to DIY?

New chair, new plants, old everything else...new sofa for XMas!!!
I have embarked on a little home face lift, with the budget of a drug store contour kit.  I have thrown a couple of jobs at my husband including paint and hanging a new light fixture (Well, old. $65 from a little local antique shop!)  We have a few new furniture pieces, some new plants, and I have attempted to add a couple new wall hangings. HOWEVER.  Woven wall hangings are beyond unaffordable.  I spent $30 on the tiniest, ornament-sized hanging that I hung in my bedroom only to have it annoy me every time I look at it.  While I do love it, it is truly something I could have made myself with a stick and some $3 yarn.  And the normal-sized ones can cost over $300.  So I have decided to give it a go.  Now, I am FAR from crafty.  I definitely try, and wish I were, but the truth of it is, I usually either abandon the project because it starts looking like a goldfish made it, I completely lose interest so it sits in our cabinet until it's irrelevant and I throw away the materials, or I complete it but get frustrated at the very end and rush through the last few (crucial/important/project-making) steps thus wasting money and time and I just purchase the item off Etsy (where I found the idea to Google "DIY woven wall hanging" to begin with).  My hope is that by blogging about my progress I will hold myself accountable and will actually finish the damn thing.  I just received the first of the 2 materials needed. The second is shipped and on it's way!  I am optimistic since there are very few materials and I really just need to tie some knots. Easy, right?  Photos to come of materials if I can keep my kids from playing witches using the brass tubing as brooms.  No luck so far.

Playing trains on the new rug. Ok, eating dvd cases on the new rug.
Macrame hanging planter against a navy wall...yes please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment